African Basket Rwanda Woven Basket StarRL257
Handwoven from locally sourced natural sweetgrass and sisal. Each basket takes up to 2-3 days to complete and is hand-dyed. Profits from these products fund education programs for the women who handcraft them.
- loop on back for wall hanging
- made by hand using traditional techniques
- small variation in color & design is part of what makes each piece uniquely beautiful
- because this is a handcrafted item, shape may vary slightly
- care instructions: spot clean
Meet the Artisans
Made by a group of more than 300 artisans across Rwanda who have perfected the art of weaving. These artisans are a part of different cooperatives. Sales of their crafts help the artisan partners rise above poverty line.