Fair Trade Uganda African Bukedo & Raffia Bowl 11.5-12.5" Across - Black & White
- African Basket - Uganda - Bukedo & Raffia Bowl - 12 Inches Across
- Approximately 11.5 - 12.5" Across x 2.5 - 3.5" Tall
- Brightly colored dyes and inventive, progressive patterns make these handmade baskets popular for wall displays. A loop on the back of the basket makes it easy to hang.
- Although each basket is uniquely handwoven and thus varies slightly, you will receive a basket that looks very close to this photo.
- Bukedo is the local term in Uganda for banana leaf stalks. Along with raffia that comes from palm trees, these materials are renewable, plentiful resources.
- The mission of this weaving group is to support as many other women as possible through the promotion of their handcrafts.
- Traditionally used for serving food, they are created by tightly wrapping smooth raffia over coils of bukedo stalks.
- They look great mounted on a wall, propped up on a shelf, or even sitting on a table. A loop on the back of the basket helps with hanging.
- Hand crafted in Uganda, East Africa
- Approximately 11.5 - 12.5" Across x 2.5 - 3.5" Deep
- Fair Trade Federation Member
- Multipurpose Baske
We Also Recommend
Trade Uganda African Bukedo & Raffia Bowl 11.5-12.5" Across - Burnt Orange
Regular price $4500 $45.00