Trade Rwanda African Rafia & Sisal Bowl 14-15" Across - Turquoise White & Black
- African Basket - Rwanda - sisal & Raffia Bowl - 12 Inches Across
- Approximately 13" Across x 3.5" Tall
- Brightly colored dyes and inventive, progressive patterns make these handmade baskets popular for wall displays. A loop on the back of the basket makes it easy to hang.
- Although each basket is uniquely handwoven and thus varies slightly, you will receive a basket that looks very close to this photo.
- Sisal is the local term in Rwanda for banana leaf stalks. Along with raffia that comes from palm trees, these materials are renewable, plentiful resources.
- The mission of this weaving group is to support as many other women as possible through the promotion of their handcrafts.
- Traditionally used for serving food, they are created by tightly wrapping smooth raffia over coils of Sisal stalks.
- They look great mounted on a wall, propped up on a shelf, or even sitting on a table. A loop on the back of the basket helps with hanging.
- Hand crafted in Rwanda, East Africa
- Approximately 14-15" Across x 3.5" Deep
- Fair Trade Federation Member
- Multipurpose Basket
We Also Recommend
African Basket | Rwanda Baskets | Woven Basket | Black & White Zig Zag 12" x 3"
Regular price $4300 $43.00